- School is ALL about competition - among students, teachers,
parents admins and lawyers.

You almost HAVE to tell you're kid to CHEAT if they have to. That
way, they get to learn business. Backstab anyone you can to get
ahead, cause it will be done to you....

Competiton to get into the right school, to hang with the "right
people" to get the "right" teacher, to get your kid "seen as a good
kid".

You know why teachers do projects in school? To make sure the KID is
doing their own work and not the parent or friend.

My kid was in "average" classes in OT the past few years but a whiz
in math and science and he wants to be doctor... I finalyl got hom
moved from the "block" he was in to advanced classes. He's doing
fine. "Better" kids and teachers have the opportunity to teach. We
were in the bookstore last night, I grabbed an MCAT book and showed
it to him and told him to read it. "I'm only in 10th grade". So what.
Later, he told me he knoew a few of the answers (I didn't) from what
he looked at and realized his new science teacher taught him that so
far this year. The same guy who said by May or MArch they kids in his
class will actaully know what's on the 10th grade Science Apt test.
(whatever its called) vs other kids who get pretty grades and candy
for sitting there and will have no clue what's on the test when it
comes. So far, so good. I believe him.

And it makes my kid feel good.