In a message dated 11/1/2008 8:22:31 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

He was  registered in school as a Muslim.  NOTE WELL: That schocl
required  him to register as one of 5 religions.  One of the five was
christian.  He registered Muslim.

There is nothing wrong with  being Muslim.  That being true, why hide
his past?  Isn't his  hiding it the one who is insulting Muslims?

========================

JR reverts back to a January 2007 article in Insight magazine (a  publication
affiliated with Moon's Washington Times) and smeared around by  Fox-y News
and viral emails.  Back then, the report also claimed Hillary's  campaign had
uncovered the "information," but Fox later had to retract the  Clinton
connection.

As a six year old, Obama was placed in a Catholic school where he  studied
catechism.  Then when he was 8 years old, his father,  not Obama, registered
him
at a public school open to all faiths.

That and all the other distortions raised by Moon's Insight Magazine and
spread by Fox are debunked here:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp

and several other pages at Snopes:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/50lies.asp

Abrouhaha among the tabloids, distracting the electorate from real  issues.
Rivals CNN and Fox News Spar Over Obama Report - New York Times

Statement from the National Council of Churches:   http://tinyurl.com/5tngmu

"We are writing to deplore this despicable tactic and set the record
straight.
"We have had enough of the slash and burn politics calculated to divide us as
 children of God.
"We must come together as one nation, and see our stake in each other as
Americans.
"The bitter, destructive politics that have so riven our country in recent
years cannot stand.
"As American leaders of different faiths - Catholic and Protestant, Muslim
and Jew - who have worked cooperatively and greatly respect all of the 2008
candidates in both parties, we do not offer this statement as an endorsement of

any individual candidate. However, certain moral standards should infuse our
national dialogue, and the recent attacks on Sen. Obama violate values at the
 heart of this dialogue. The false and malicious attacks levied at him are
anathema to all of our faith traditions, and we condemn them outright. "
Debunked and Condemned.
Dante's Eight Circle is reserved for Sowers of Discord.

5 Travel Deals!