In a message dated 11/15/2008 9:43:07 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

4Or are  you [so blind as to] trifle with and presume upon and despise
and  underestimate the wealth of His kindness and forbearance and  long-
suffering patience? Are you unmindful or actually ignorant [of the
fact] that God's kindness is intended to lead you to repent ([a]to
change your mind and inner man to accept God's will)?

The above is  the amplified version of Romans 2:4
===================

My amplified response.  (Sorry group.  I'll respond just  this once.)

Interesting to note that you presume to know precisely what that "will"  is.

Reminds me of Marjoe Gortner, the 3 Rev. Jims (Bakker, Swaggart,  and
Jones[town]), Father Charles Coughlin, Tony Alamo, (the fictional)  Elmer
Gantry, and
dozens of others who wreaked havoc on so many innocents with  such
presumptions.

I'll match my knowledge of scripture with anyone:  16 + years of  Catholic
school education; 30 + years studying and teaching literature from  the Hebrew
Bible, the New Testament, Islam, and other world  religions.  And after all
that, I still admit to imperfect knowledge, as  the scholars do.

Especially important to me is the wisdom of

1) Judaic scholars for whom "Questions are the Answer," and

2) Corinthians: "When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a
child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish
things....For now we see through a glass, darkly."

Am I unmindful or actually ignorant?  "Judge not, lest thou be  judged."

See, anyone can quote scripture for his own purposes.

Regarding your long history of baiting here, I've long run out of   "kindness
and forbearance and long-
suffering patience," and so my mail  settings will now go back to ignoring
your posts.

=============================

--- In  AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In a message  dated 11/14/2008 9:10:03 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
>  [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> ... at the risk of reigniting this  issue on this board, that
> may be the greatest  oversimplification of this situation I've
seen.
> There  are always two sides to every argument and they are rarely
as
> simple as "the good one and the bad one"
>
>  ====================================
>
> I don't want to  re-ignite or fight old wars either.  I did
extensive
>  research in 2006 and 2007 and posted the results and my sources to
this  group.  The
> links below refer to just some of  those in the archives.   In the
main, I
> didn't base my  opposition to MSM's JSRM on perceived  misstatements
from SUFA nor
> on scripture which is easily misapplied.
>
> I  hope they come through wingding-less and with screwed up
formatting.  If
> they do, it might be easier to simply type  the message  #  in the
search box on
> the main messages  page.  For example #1 below  is message # 28804.
>
> Again, I'm not looking for a renewed interminable game of  Whack-a-
Mole  here,
>  Just providing the info I found  for those who may still be
interested.

threaded=1&l=1
> (contrasts 5 NJ homeless shelters)

threaded=1&l=1
> (contrasts between  mediocre MSM and top rates Homeless   Solutions)
>

> Other  significant  issues:

>  (Analysis by disinterested parties)

threaded=1&l=1
> (tax exempts in AP)

threaded=1&l=1
> (transparency issues)

threaded=1&l=1
> (non-profits and  disparities in homeless numbers in  AP)

threaded=1&l=1
> (the competence issue)

threaded=1&l=1
> (disappearing data  = no transparency)

threaded=1&l=1
> (police: “Mission is not being truthful)

threaded=1&l=1
> (proliferation of bogus credentials)

threaded=1&l=1
> ( the revolving door keeps the exploiters in business)

threaded=1&l=1
> (Cavalier about  not checking records.)

threaded=1&l=1