Thanks.
I hope this doesn't ruin my attempt to do the right thing, but I have one more
thing to add.
Remember about a year ago, when I posted about buying a telescope?
Well, part of the reason why I chose to do so was because of you Tommy, because
I liked
your posts about meteor showers.
So, I bought a telescope, and I love it.
At the time, I could take that telescope into the alley between my home and
then next, and
it became a sort of open air observatory.
Many months later, that observatory isn't very ideal.
Why?
Because all the new lighting has created light pollution, and the night sky
above my apt. is
now filled with the ambient light bouncing off of the natural mist that
accompanies living
by the ocean, so in order to enjoy my telescope, I now need to pack it up, and
go
elsewhere, which kind've diminishes the joy I got from it.
This whole argument isn't really about too much lighting, it's about
appropriate lighting.
Couldn't the city, and MM done a better, more coordinated job by installing
lighting that
does the job without flooding the entire area with light spillage?
Couldn't the city and MM done a better job at creating a unified lighting plan,
one which
does the job, but still lets the night be the night?
Unfortunately, AP has been in a state of desperation for years, so most of the
solutions
here is to just throw assets and redevelopment activities out there in a hurry,
rather then
take the time to do it right, the first time.