In a message dated 12/10/2008 9:34:42 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Ha!
I  should've had a party.
It was such a surreal experience last night, with  helicopters overhead, and
the occasional
silent convoy of PD cars moving  thru the city.
The thing that really struck me last night was how quiet the  world was, and
how dark a
night really can be.
Honestly, I loved it. No  distracting TV. No computer. Just my dog, cat and
me hanging out.
I played  guitar for them.

=========

Cats were definitely cool. Neighbors too.
Citizen traffic handlers at Sunset and Wickapecko need to review their hand
signals.  Confused the hell out of most drivers.

Scrambled here to find alternate lighting.  So-called high tech  battery
lanterns phizzled out.  Kerosene lantern was missing a  wick. Best lighting
from
batteried  L.E.D intended for kitched  cabinets, but never installed, so they
were great portables.
Cheapest palm-sized battery radio worked fine.  Needed that to counter  scary
rumors floating around.
Never installed the back up batteries on all the other electronic clocks  and
phones, so they're blinking away now.  But TV STB auto booted itself  within
15 minutes.

I went from "must be my Christmas lights overloading grid.  lol "  to
"terrorist attack" paranoia.  Good grief!

Nice to get phone calls from neighbors checking in.

Time to re-evaluate my emergency preparedness.

favorite sites in one place.  Try it now. (http://www.ao
l.com/?optin=new-dp&icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom00000010)