It's hard to convince people that something has been poorly designed in the
case of our
boardwalk. It was such as mess, for so long, that even bad design is better
then what we
had before.
Does that justify what we now have? Good question, but it is what it is, and
unless we want
our boardwalk to be a perpetual construction site, we have to learn to live
with it.
We honestly can't expect a redesign to occur at this point.
And, I'm beginning to wonder if anybody in this cities administration is going
to take MM
to task about their elimination of the band shell. What a huge waste in my
opinion. As a
person that both attended and performed in performances up there, I can
honestly say it
was a great place to enjoy music, and it's a huge loss in my opinion.
As for the "bad design", well, to me, MM made a huge mistake in their choice of
designer,
and a huge mistake by not attempting to create a more vintage, unique look that
played
off of the height of AP's popularity. As it stands now, the boardwalk has
little or no
personality looks wise. It's generic and pedestrian. Not memorable.
But, I believe we are stuck with it.