You watch too much TV!  Hair shirt, huh?  I've bought toys for Blue
Star Mothers, Toys, for Toys for Tots, donated money at the checkout
of Shop-Rite, donated canned goods for a food drive, hell, when do I
get anything?

Yeah, I know, Tis the season to be jolly and all that, so I bought
myself, 2 Whitman's Samplers!  1 for guests and 1 for ME!  A box of
candy with directions, so you get to eat the ones YOU want!  I've sent
out 4-25 card boxes of Christmas cards!  You happy now, Post Office?
Watched practically EVERY Christmas Movie EVER made, so I could cry
into fancy Kleenexes!  Going across the street to watch cute kids do a
Christmas Play, next week, (bringing Kleenex to that, too)!  I even
have a cute female MOOSE in a Sleigh!  Thank you, Sarah Palin!

Going to cuddle up in my Jammies on Christmas Eve, with a full shot of
Southern Comfort in a cup of egg-nog and watch Midnight Mass!
Fa-La-La-Lah, La La La Lah!  So there!  Merry Christmas, everybody!

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, marioa...@... wrote:

> In a message dated 12/15/2008 10:33:00 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> oakd...@... writes:
>
> --- In  AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, MarioAPNJ@ wrote:
> I just spoke  with Laurie at the Foodbank of Monmouth and Ocean  She
> concurred with the  Wegmans' executives I spoke with last year:
Year-round appeals
> tend  to result in compassion fatigue, and people then tend to
ignore the
> appeals.
>
> I thought Wegs was y round. I'll say ok to a $1 or more at  checkout
based on
> guilt.
> - if you buy candy, ice cream or soda (things you  really don't need...)
>
> We tip more for booze and lousy food. Imagine  tipping the food bank
15% of
> your food order.

> Wegs'  has posted that their donate-at-checkout service ends  around
12/22.
> I had a go-around with them last year, and vented about it  here.
>
> But now FoodBank's Laurie has confirmed the compassion fatigue
syndrome  that
> Wegs mentioned back then.
> Everything is a syndrome these days.  Some seem bogus to me, like
Restless