Hmm,

I had to give this a few moments of thought, but I may be on to
something.

That red dumpster has annoyed me too and I don't even live in the
city.  Thinking back to my frustration, I believe that I had wondered
how and why someone would allow a dumpster to sit there for so long.
Dumpsters are rented and the longer that they sit there, the more they
cost.  I recall wondering why Christiello - or whomever was paying for
that big red eyesore had not had it removed.

I don't know who's dumpster it is/was, but it was clearly not a DeLisa
dumpster.  Knowing (and assuming) that Christiello is from Morristown,
the Carter might not have been local.

So, let's suppose that the business of being Mayor of Morristown
distracts a person enough to have forgotten that there was a red
dumpster working up a large rental bill in Asbury Park.

The bill goes to collections and a phone call is placed.

The Billee calls one of thier "friends" and ask then to make the
dumpster disappear so that the billee can report to the Carter that
they have no idea where it went, "Gee, I thought you took it away."

Dumpster gets buried, proof is on the Carter, billee is laughing
privately.  Hinge's friend foil the plot.

I looked through that dumpster.  I am sure that there *could* be toxins
in there, but it appeared to be just junk.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.