--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, cbrianwatk...@... wrote:

> Someone who is better at writing than me, should put together an email
> showing the displeasure with knocking everything down, in some nice, but
> stern words, then we should all hammer Reidy and Gilmour with said emails
>
> I don't understand how they let so much get torn down

It's called demolition by neglect.

After nearly 100 years, Baronet Theatre torn down in Asbury Park

By NANCY SHIELDS • STAFF WRITER • September 22, 2010

    * Comments (28)
    * Recommend (1)
    * Print this page
    * E-mail this article
    * Share
          o Del.icio.us
          o Facebook
          o Digg
          o Reddit
          o Newsvine
          o Twitter
          o FarkIt
    *
    * Type Size A A A

ASBURY PARK — The nearly 100-year-old Baronet Theatre at 205 Fourth Ave. was
razed Wednesday morning after being declared an imminent hazard due to an
interior structural collapse, city Fire Official Garrett Giberson said.

The 546-seat theatre first opened in 1913 as the Ocean Theatre, but had
operated only on an intermittent basis in recent decades. It finally closed for
good the past few years after being purchased by Asbury Partners, the
beachfront redeveloper.

Asbury Lanes, the popular bowling and live music venue next door at 209 Fourth
Ave. was not affected, Giberson said.
Related

Giberson said the roof of the Baronet caved in to the interior of the theatre,
probably sometime during the winter.

"With the conditions found there, there was no saving it at this point,''
Giberson said.

Mazza Demolition was on site razing the building, he said.