The Obits for the Baronet have so far completely disregarded the fact that the
theater was reopened while Walter Burns and partner Maurice still owned it. I
know, because I was there, as a few may still recall in my Egyptian disguise,
to MC the independent films brought to town by Doug LeClare and Susan
Pelligrini, then of Keyport, representing Asbury Shorts of New York. Remember,
Hinge?
   Yes, the mold was there; hell, the stage manager put her foot through the
floor an hour before we opened. But the new mural was already up on the facade
and we filled the house with cheering people. That, ladies and gentlemen, was
the night the Baronet sprung back to life!
   Point Two - the timing of the demolition also coincides with the recent
reports of the dire financial straits of our latest 'benefactor', iStar
Financial, which is probably responsible for paying the taxes on the property
the Baronet sits on or sat on. You will note that the huge apartment building
that occupied most of the block across Kinsley from the sewer plant also came
down this month. Just watch those property tax revenues crumble to the ground
and blow away... Makes you wonder who's approving all these demo permits? BTW,
there is a list of buildings approved as "imminent" (not eminent- maybe he was
thinking of eminent domain)"hazards" a couple of years ago, to clear the way
for downing the buildings at the first sign of a fault - or was that a default?

Anyone else hear there is an emergency meeting to pass the city budget on
Monday, 9/27, at 9 AM?? Don't worry if you can't make it. I'm sure we'll find
out all we need to know when we get our tax bills.