In a message dated 11/16/2010 8:58:43 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
filecabinet...@aol.com writes:   I  wouldn't mind donating to a worthy cause,
but
for some reason I have a feeling  not all the cash is making it to where it is
intended.

FYI:  Fwd from  Sgt. Connie  Breech, APPD

"Here is the article that will  be in the coaster this week.  Thanks for
all you support over the  years....

ASBURY  PARK POLICE TO HOLD ANNUAL CHRISTMAS TOY AND COAT FUNDRAISERS

On Sunday December 5, 2010 from 5pm  until 10 pm  a kickoff toy drive will
be held at Georgies  Tavern 812 Fifth Ave. This will be the 12th  year they
have hosted the kick off party.
Then on Sunday December 12, 2010 at The Harrison Restaurant 716 Cookman
Avenue, we will be hosting a winter coat and clothing fundraiser from 3 pm
until 9 pm.

We ask all donations please be unwrapped and new.

IF you are unable to attend either of these events, donations can  be
dropped at Police Headquarters anytime and at the following locations after
Thanksgiving:
Asbury Roastery  803 Second Ave,
Jimmy's Rest 1403 Asbury  Ave,
Franks Rest 1410 Main Street,
The Wonder Bar 1213 Ocean Ave,
Munch Rest 632 Cookman  Ave and
the Ocean Twp Post Office Branch 3305 Fairmont  Ave (off Sunset)

Monetary donations are also accepted. Any questions please contact Sgt
Connie Breech at 732=774-1300 or Officer Michael Casey at 732-775-6124.

All items will be given to the Children of Asbury  Park."

I personally prefer giving money by writing checks, made out to the
specific funds -- for the reasons filecabinet  mentioned.

In the past, AP Fire Department also had a drive during the holiday
season.  No word yet on whether there is one in the works for this  year.