--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "arhythmick" <arhythmick@...> wrote:

> I heard the city was forming a committee to re-look at the waterfront
> redevelopment and potentially recommend something new and more appropriate to
> this decade.  I though that was a wise idea. Does the WRA only have a chance
> for change if the town wins back the rights? I guess that makes sense.
>
> Even so, it seems to me that MM (and hopefully iStar) already see that
> entertainment and taking advantage of our architectural assets is the best
> way forward versus just tons of condos.

Advisory Committee has been selected, Maureen has a note about it in her latest
report.

An alternative to taking back the development rights would be to gain the
cooperation of iStar to modify the Plan.

Some issues to think about, What effect does a Plan Modification have on
existing development rights holder that are just 'sub-developers'. For example
if MM has purchased the subsequent phases of Wesley Grove is their consent
required for a re-zoning?

Many issues here. As I've said - We need to know who we are dealing with and
what property/rights they hold....... some factual data collection.....

Volunteers?

Werner