Great post Oak.  Nothing focuses the mind like accountability.

I find it ironic that everyone focuses on losing ratables in the town when the
state bails out over 3/4 of the budget anyway.  Getting more ratables will only
allow the state to subsidize less.  It will not lower any taxpayers burden in
this town.

Improving the town and making it a destination again will increase home values
and that tax we pay each year will be justified by a rising home market (over
time, i know we are in a housing recession) and a better more fun place to
live.

I'll mention this again even though i don't know if its feasible.  I wonder if
Asbury Park can approach the state and ask for help in sorting out this legal
mess in the redevelopment zone.  that is the fastest way for us to be able to
move forward with redevelopment and further get off the dole.