I know everybody thinks I'm a whiner about this topic, and I'm fine with that.
As I've said before, I honestly think the city over estimated the value of paid
parking west of Kingsley. The only time I think they'll ever see any revenue
(at least on my block) is during the handful of dates when there's a SP summer
stage show. Let's say there's 10 of those shows this summer. That leaves 355
other days of the year when parking on my block has plenty of open spaces,
while we residents are being singled out to pay for something that my neighbors
2 doors away will continue to get for free. So no, I'm not paying to park in an
empty lot. I support my city in many other ways, and not only do I live here
year round, but I also work entirely in AP (2 jobs) and spend my money at as
many local businesses as I can.

There's many other issue in my neighborhood that never get addressed, such as
the abandoned eyesore of a rotting gazebo that's basically just a haven for
ferral cats, and the complete lack of lighting on Bergh between AP Ave and 1st.
People who don't live in my neighborhood have absolutely no idea of the amount
of crime that goes on there - everything from frequent breakin's, drug deals,
places for prostitutes to do their biz and so on. And that street is a
minefield of potholes, and my block of 1st is also a pothole filled mess.