I agree, and it also appalls me at how many kids I see riding their bikes in
the worst possible manner. Here's an example: while on my way to Matts Farm
Market the other day, I saw a group of 3 teen girls riding their bikes against
traffic, while texting. I see kids texting while riding all the time, and it's
a tragedy in the making.
During the same trip, I saw a group of boys riding with their helmets hanging
off of their handlebars.

Another thing that I've experienced quite a few times are kids riding against
traffic on Ocean Ave between AP and Spring Lake. The fact is, drivers backing
out of parking spaces are not looking to their left, they are looking in their
rear view mirror or to their right. Couple that with a texting kid and you have
disaster.

Finally, the attitude of these kids is appalling. Last summer, I had one coming
toward me on his bike with a huge skateboard across his handlebars. He had to
be 12 yrs old, and he was all over the road on the wrong side. As he
approached, I told him he was riding on the wrong side of the road, and he
yelled "Fuck You!!!!" 12 yrs old. And this happened right in front of a police
crossing guard, who said and did nothing.