My wife and I brought my son to a surfing lesson in Bradley today and learned
that his instructor and another surfer had their backpacks stolen on the 2nd
ave beach this past Sunday.

This is very dissappointing since our son had a surf lesson in AP Saturday and
the instructor was really enthusiastic about getting more lessons and to
possibly have a SummerTime Surf Camp location in AP next summer.  I could see
by the instructer's body language today that he was really upset by what
happened and I hope that he does not lose his enthusiasm and faith for
expanding the business operations into Asbury Park.

Please help keep your eye out not only for your belongings but also for those
of others.  He mentioned that this has happened to other surfers.  Thieves
looking to steal realize that surfers leave belongings on the on the beach when
they go in to surf.  Obviously this can happen on any beach but based on the
information that the AP police gave the surf instructor this has been a common
occurrence recently.

John