Where were these patrons (that are suddenly gone from the downtown) parking
before the meters went into effect?

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis Dubrow <traderd...@comcast.net>
Sender: AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 08:42:37
To: <AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [AsburyPark] 2003

Asbury is a ghost town, I spoke to a number of Cookman retailers, business is
down since the meters went into effect. It reminds me of 8 years ago when we
bulls some stores and rented them, then America's cup opened and we sat there
waiting for a customer to come in...and waited and waited and waited. The
merchants that are still there, and almost all the current merchants are hard
working business people, not weekend warriors looking for a tax write off by
opening a store...and then never opening. The high taxes, the extraordinary
cost of opening a business in AP, and now the parking meters that don't even
work are a detriment to downtown Asbury in a huge way. Occupay AP should be
railing against this travesty of a money grab by the powers that be in city
hall.