Werner,

I agree that preserving the facade and design of historic buildings would be
great for the community.  Most people appreciate the lasting charm of historic
architecture over modern buildings or half-hearted solutions that diminish
historic character.

To that end, I am curious about YOUR house.  Didn't you run into some trouble
(an understatement, if I remember correctly) a few years ago for refusing to
make improvements to your own historic home, including required safety
improvements?  It sounds a bit hypocritical to be criticizing others for their
"architectural faux pas" when the person pointing the finger refused to put his
own "house" in order.

Should we add YOUR house to your own list of structures that could use a little
TLC?

Doug