Thanks for the response.

Neither one of us are "right".

That being said -

1. the structure of the "property tax" in the US is not to be a "selective"
method of picking and choosing what services are used - like the school system.

I heard that argument before from people in deal, colts neck interlaken and ap.
So you send your kid to private school, therefore you shouldn't pay local
school taxes....

OR - I have no kids, therefore I shouldn't pay school tax...

Well, based on that logical thought, I should no longer pay school tax of about
$7,000 year on my home and another $36,000 on my rentals, however a couple of
tenants ahve kids....

then using that logic, someone in AP with two kids should pay $48,000 year in
taxes to cover the cost of their kids attending school.

So you see what the problem with the logic is. That's why EVERY property is
supposed to pay school tax if they have a school system.

As for trash pickup - that was a smart move by condo boards not so long ago -
that they are paying for all services in their taxes. Howev er, the flip side
of that is many development (not sure about wesley) were given approvals to
build high density and provide their own services - kind of like a "tax
abatement" . That was the deal to get the approvals. That is usually done with
the developer who builds, gets their cash, turns it over to the association who
then sues.

That post was a follow up to the comment and acceptance that a single family
home in AP is assessed at $84,000 - it ain't right.

Do some more homework, your "facts" aren't correct either. Have a good one.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Doug M" <