Ramaswamy wrote:
Hi,
As part of my learning of ASN.1 I wrote the following ASN.1 spec, so this code serves no other purpose that aid in my understanding of the ASN.1 language. Pls read thru the following spec -

ParameterList DEFINITIONS AUTOMATIC TAGS ::=
BEGIN
--ParameterList1 { hehe } ::= hehe
ValueSet INTEGER ::= { 1|3|5|7|9 }
ParameterList2 { Governor , Governor:Type } ::= SEQUENCE
{
value Type
}
ParameterList3 { Governor, Governor:value } ::= SEQUENCE
{
val Governor DEFAULT value
}
PL2 ::= ParameterList2 {INTEGER, {1|2|3|4|5}}
PL3 ::= ParameterList3 {REAL,0}
pl2 PL2 ::= { value 6 }
END

I understand that PL3 is equivalent to the following

PL3 ::= SEQUENCE
{
val REAL DEFAULT 0
}

If the above interpretation is correct then how is PL2 to be interpreted??

PL2 ::= SEQUENCE { value INTEGER (1|3|5|7|9) } -- Olivier DUBUISSON france telecom R&D

DTL/TAL - 22307 Lannion Cedex - France
t: +33 2 96 05 38 50 - f: +33 2 96 05 39 45 - http://asn1.elibel.tm.fr/