I'm evaluating Apache::ASP for a new project.  One concern
is the lack of support for DBI-based sessions although I see
that's on the todo list.

I've been reading the code, trying to get a sense of what
that will involve.

As I understand it, there are three pieces of state: internal,
application, and session.  The internal object seems to
keep track of truly global info like LastSessionTimeout as well
as session id metadata like the expiration times.  The application
object maintains state that's global to the application
(i.e., the global.asa).  And the session state is per-user.
Is that correct?

So we'd need to be able to move all of that into the db.

Joshua, could we work on defining some published interfaces so
it will be possible to plug in alternative implementations?

Maurice