Maurice Aubrey wrote:

> I'm evaluating Apache::ASP for a new project.  One concern
> is the lack of support for DBI-based sessions although I see
> that's on the todo list.
>
> I've been reading the code, trying to get a sense of what
> that will involve.
>
> As I understand it, there are three pieces of state: internal,
> application, and session.  The internal object seems to
> keep track of truly global info like LastSessionTimeout as well
> as session id metadata like the expiration times.  The application
> object maintains state that's global to the application
> (i.e., the global.asa).  And the session state is per-user.
> Is that correct?

When DBI gets supported, I will definitely abstract the state manager
API for plugin style state modules.

Until then, you can instantiate your own $Session in Script_OnStart
with Apache::Session or anything else.  You do not get the same
state manager benefits like session timeouts or garbage collection,
but it can work nicely, just set NoState to 1 to turn off Apache::ASP's
internal state manager & dbm style $Session / $Application.

--Josh