Hmmm, what operating system (presumably Linunx?) are you using? What
distribution/version (e.g. Debian, Redhat)?

It could be that you could load a pre-built version of apache/mod_perl/apache::ASP for
your operating system. This doesn't really solve
your question below but you might be able to step around it.

You posted an earlier question about migrating VBScript to Apache::ASP. I don't know
VBScript (I'm a bit of a perl bigot) but I had thought it
was a cut-down script-ish version of Visual basic. If that's the case then migrating
that to Perl would potentially mean a complete re-write of
all of your code. Perl is great, but I hope re-writing is what you want to do...

Ellers