Thanks Helmut,

Previously i had tried with
<Files "^/~asp">
..
</Files>

It didn't work..

So i tried to place these in some other location in
httpd.conf file & now it has started working...

So i want to clarify something.. does the location of
placing these directives matter in httpd.conf file ?

I thank u once again for ur help...

with lots of wishes
bhargavi

http://us.click.yahoo.com/v2G7ND/KfUGAA/ySSFAA/ndFolB/TM