I have some code I'd like to run just once when Apache::ASP comes up the first time; it computes a value that never changes over the life of the application. For some reason, this event never seems to be called.

I dug into the Apache::ASP code a bit, and the only thing that struck me is how deeply buried the call to Application_OnStart seems to be. Perhaps one of the many conditions wrapping this call is faulty?