Hi Warren!

My apologies for the long delay, with some big & unexpected events slowing me down earlier this year, I finally got a chance to look at getting Apache::ASP running with mod_perl + Apache 2.4... it seems like work is being done in this area and there may be a rough release coming soon with mod_perl 2.09 for real Apache 2.4 support.

One thing I thought was interesting in researching Apache 2.4 vs. Apache 2.2 was that it seems that the vast majority of the active install base is still on Apache 2.2 towards 90%+ in Netcraft & W3Tech surveys, and many have complained with general upgrade issues to 2.4. It seems then that 2.2 will have a lot of support/momentum for some time, and your timeline of years seems about right...

So where does this put you in the consideration of platform migration etc? Plack, Mason, TT, etc. I am not sure how hard it would be to migrate to Plack. Their is basic support in the Apache::ASP core to handle running in different environments including pure CGI and command line, the latter used for bootstrapping the make test mode. Might take days to get something rough working there. I agree mixing the Apache::ASP object model into another template framework would make for more difficult work, and you might end up with a mess besides! I am curious to hear how your platform decision plays out here!

Regards,

Josh

Netcraft survey suggesting 1-2% usage of Apache 2.4 as of Feb.

http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2014/02/07/are-there-really-lots-of-vulnerable-apache-web-servers.html

W3Tech survey showing 90% 2.2 usage as of May
  http://w3techs.com/technologies/details/ws-apache/2/all

Here is the April mod_perl 2.09 status update (copied below)
  http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/perl-modperl/201404.mbox/browser

====
"The latest release of mod_perl doesn't yet support httpd-2.4, but we
are working on it and getting close to making a new release that does.

In the meantime you might like to try out the "httpd24threading" branch at

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/modperl/branches/httpd24threading

which is largely working and is what will (hopefully soon) become
mod_perl-2.09."
====