C-da,

The problem once again here is that you have not given
one valid argument to say why it does not make sense
when I use the same arguments you make to turn your
points around.

Obviously you make the points on specious grounds with
very little thinking through. It is for that very
reason that it can be turned around so easily.

I appreciate your advice however. In these many years
of working with start ups and some really brilliant
people and having to constantly fend off big brother
competition, one pattern that has come back again and
again is that the big brother is never a ALL POWERFUL
monstrosity. That creative solutions almost always lie
in using the monstrous big brother's own weight to
turn against itself. It works almost always. One
example could be the Jehadistas you have mentioned -
they are giving Bush a very hard time, don't you
think?

In all your arguments that I have seen in your posts
with Utpalda and Mayur as well, you assume that they
(and I) are making assumptions about the unwillingness
of Bodos and Tiwas and Bengalis and others to support
the ULFA or a sovereign state.

Let me just go ahead one more time to use your
specious argument - when you say all these groups
would support a sovereign Assam, YOU are making an
ASSUMPTION.

The precise reason you have gone hoarse explaining why
these groups want to break away is the fact that your
reasoning holds little water and therefore precious
few people of the opposite persuasion buy it.

You have also not taken care to listen to others'
arguments. You rarely do.

This thing about living interdependently can be said
about any region in the country or between regions
such as Assam and Bengal. It is no different.
Unfortunately we live in a different world than
centuries back. There are limited resources and way
more people and way more of their aspirations. The
basic straightforward reason why these groups are
disaffected  with the sovereign Assam movement is
precisely because the sovereignity thing is based on
ethnic chauvinism. What it means is the primacy of the
specific ethnic group in taking the share of the
spoils. Clearly the sovereign Assam movement has
failed, abjectly I would say, in creating a shared
aspiration.

Actually, I think (and you would say it is an
assumption) that they have not even been successful in
convincing ALL of the Assamese speaking people that it
makes sense to be sovereign.

And that, at least, should bring us to our second
point - that the case for sovereign Assam itself holds
little water overall. And that is why not just other
ethnic groups but the Assamese themselves not believe
in the cause.

You talk about an alternate system of governance in a
sovereign Assam taking care of assuring the spoils are
shared right. And I have consistently said that the
spoils would be shared right if our regional political
leaders and the bureacracy had done things right
earlier. That it is not the system but the leadership
that is at fault. And that in a sovereign state would
be a nightmarish problem.

The problem is that there is no answer for the
leadership issue. As is there no real answer for what
better governance would come about in a sovereign
state. Whatever little we have heard of (such as the
initial dictatorship of the ULFA or the abolition of
property rights or the mobilization of people to
achieve state objectives) give us cause for great
alarm.

Finally, C-Da, accusing others of not having
"inferential capabilities" and other such adjectives
you routinely dish out, when faced with folks that
don't buy your argument does not help your cause or
show you in great light. It is akin to how the bullies
in primary school react when their balloons are
pricked :-)

=== message truncated ===