C'da,

>*** If indeed they are the competent, intellectually endowed politicians and administrators and with >nothing but integrity oozing out of them and nothing but the good of Assam that drives their >actions and inactions,

No, they are not competent all the time, specially vis-a-vis Assam. But they are NOT the ONLY ones fop the blame. We have seen numerous instances where the GOI comes forward with ideas and resources, and the GOA is the one that drops the ball or is in some sort of inertia.

If blame has to be placed, we ought to be able to assign some generous proportion to the GOA, the politicians, intellectuals, insurgents and unscruplous business in Assam too. It can't be the Center all the time, every time.

I say this - because the Center cannot be Assam-centric. All states are under the same anvil vis-a-vis their relationship with the Center. Some have fared better than others  - and some of these better faring states are not within the Hindi-wallah belteither.

>*** Hey I will be the first to give them a wide berth. So show us what they are doing to be left the >hell alone, to be given a free pass like you imply they deserve but we don't.

No, when required the Center's feet too must be held to the fire. But we have to be fair. We have to be able to list and know what the responsibilites are for the State, politicians, its people, and others.

--Ram

On 1/1/06, Chan Mahanta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Not fair, C'da.

*** OK, then let us see below.

>The GOI and India has always been found fault with on this net. Going thru >those mails over the years, one would come the conclusion that there are NO >intellectuals left in the GOI, and that they are incompetent, useless and >corrupt. One may also come to the conclusion that the GOI need look no further >- but to Assamnet for ideas and intellect.

*** If indeed they are the competent, intellectually endowed politicians and administrators and with nothing but integrity oozing out of them and nothing but the good of Assam that drives their actions and inactions, then how come you or Rajen are including them in the list of the defaulters and charging them with doing NOTHING about what YOU GUYS see as its problemo numero uno, huh :-)?

What gives?

My guess would be that it is a 'bere-saale'-kwbwa' exercise. And if I am wrong do correct me please. What?

>One may also come to the conclusion that the GOI need look no further - but to >Assamnet for ideas and intellect.

*** Hey I will be the first to give them a wide berth. So show us what they are doing to be left the hell alone, to be given a free pass like you imply they deserve but we don't.

>Be that as it may - it is essential (to be truthful to ourselves) that we keep >discussing such issues - both pros & cons.

*** While I am with you on that, I still am looking forward to YOUR answers from that role-playing task of Dr. Tilok's where I hope YOU and other nay-syers would EXPLAIN how what I proposed may WORK, and if in your intellectually honest effort you only find that see it WON't work, and things as they are ought to remain.

Now that will be something you can beat us trouble-makers up with impunity Ram.

So go at it .

c-da

At 12:16 PM -0600 1/1/06, Ram Sarangapani wrote:
C'da,

>You already listed everyone else as not worried, bothered, troubled or otherwise disturbed, having >discovered it at that EUREKA moment.

It is not really an eureka moment. This fact that 'everyone' who is anyone has no interest in solving the problems is pretty well-known. It is only naive people like us who keep hoping against hope for some miracle solution.

Rajen Barua, you or I with all our arguments back and forth have the grand affect of only spitting in the wind.

Yes, there are a few people (even in Assam) who do want a solution to the problems, but they are just as helpless.

>Wait! Don't tell me!  It is because you are so much better than the rest, right?

Not fair, C'da. The GOI and India has always been found fault with on this net. Going thru those mails over the years, one would come the conclusion that there are NO intellectuals left in the GOI, and that they are incompetent, useless and corrupt. One may also come to the conclusion that the GOI need look no further - but to Assamnet for ideas and intellect.
Heck, the normal trend on the net is that there is nothing wrong with Assam, Assamese, our politicians or our insurgents. If one wants to find fault - look toward Indraprastha (or Hastinipura), and no further.

Be that as it may - it is essential (to be truthful to ourselves) that we keep discussing such issues - both pros & cons.

--Ram

You already listed everyone else as not worried, bothered, troubled or otherwise disturbed, having discovered it at that EUREKA moment.

I was talking about YOUR angst, your finger-pointing at everyone. Why is that ?

Wait! Don't tell me!  It is because you are so much better than the rest, right?

Did I get it?

At 11:31 AM -0600 1/1/06, Barua25 wrote:
>But then why all the angst, the outpourings of displeasures and the finger-pointing?

This is not the first time I said these.
Where did you see any angst from any of the parties in Assam?

Even if you see it, it is to just make money.
See how Tarun Gogoi is busy trying to make the right cut of his grants from GOI.
See how ossosition Prafulla Mahanta and others are busy distributing their own money.
They say it needs to money to make money.
Where did you see any angst from any of the parties?
And where did you see any amgst from the Assamese public?
News Papers ?
That is the other side of Isurgency Business, making money by 'finger pointing' to keep the Assamese public glued to the papers..
Joi Ai OXOM.
RB