Interesting news
I assume it will be set up by state government. Even
if I would not have passed out from Assam Engineering
College, I would have thought government would first
make the existing engineering colleges AEC and JEC
more vibrant.Even after 50 years,AEC is far behind
technical institutes like Jadavpur or Sibpur or Punjab
Engineering College. I am not making the comparison
with IITs and NITs which are in different category.
But Jadavpur, BE college sibpur or PEC are just state
government administered-just like AEC.
AEC faces sheer negligance. As long as it is churning
out few hundred engineers, what is the need to make it
a centre for excellance? That is the government
attitude. And in present state of Assam's affair,as
Jalukbari does not fall in any of the special
"autonomous" territory of Assam, ap package or fund
for AEC's revival will be hard to come by.
I salut the teachers who are still running the show in
neglected institutes like AEC and JEC.
It would have been good if instead of investing on a
new Dhemaji engineering college, fund would have been
used to increase seats and facilities and image of AEC
first.
Regards
Chittaranjan Pathak
Chittaranjan Pathak