Dear Chitta,
How come we are so ignorant about the ground realities in Assam? And >if
we are convinced that there is some voice/desire for
freedom from a significant portion of people. What plan the believers have
with them to go further on.

This is an appropriate question and has been asked numerous times in this
net. However, we have never did get any straight answers. No, I don't
believe there are concrete plans (at least long term). Most of whats
happening seem to be knee-jerk reactions.

Of course, we all know that there is a genuine voice (and desire) in Assam
for independence, and there are are true revolutionaries. Today, I am not
sure if they even exist.
As for ground realities, one doesn't have to travel far from Guwahati to see
the abject poverty and lack of development. I don't think we are ignorant of
these realities. However, as these happen in such frequencies and is so
commonplace, its a crying shame that we have just become so darn immune.

--Ram da