C'da,

I seriously doubt if any MP with brains will put forward such a proposal
(send her to prison because she was an "intermediary").

As far as the news itself, it is possible that some may be trying
desperately to put some traction on the "peace talks". So, raising such a
bogey, some may hope, would build up a general consternation in the state.
Public attention, has been drawn elsewhere, so it might be beneficial in
some quarters to get the public 're-focussed' if you will.
I could be wrong, but this looks more like some rumor with little basis.

BTW: MRG was a spokeswoman for ULFA, pretending to be an intermediary.
Why make her look like something she wasn't?

--Ram

I have heard that the Congress MPm from Guahati has recommended that
Mamoni R. Goswami be sent to oprison for serving as an intermediary between
ULFA and GoI or something to that effect.

Does anyone have any info. on that? I have not seen any mention of that in
the web version of the English language newspapers.

Would appreciate any help from netters who know.

cm