- Lakshmana

Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 13:38:59 -0700From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL
PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Re: [Assam] IMHO ??????????????????Some of us
have gone beyond that...in many online communities we use Assamese acronyms,
especially in the community called Khar Adda:XD: xubho din (direct borrowing
from Eng.  good day)XP: xuprobhatXR: xubhoratriKLP: kaile log pamPLP: pisot log
pamXKB: xubho kotha botora (that means I am leaving but you guys continue)AD:
Ayoi DehiPriyankooPriyankooMalabika Brahma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

If you were like me who pondered for days what does the modern acronyms like
IMHO, LOL, ROFLMAO meant, there is a list of acronyms that is becoming a part
of cyber lingo

HTH

TTFN

Cyber English               Non Cyber English
=============   ==================

AFAIC
As far as I'm concerned

AFAIK
As far as I know

AFK
Away from keyboard

BRB
Be right back

BTDT
Been there, done that

BTW
By the way

BUAG
Butt-ugly ASCII graphic

C/C
Comments and criticism

EOM
End of message

Frequently Asked Question.

FTW
For the win

FWIW
For what it's worth

FYI
For your information

HTH
Hope this helps

IANAL
I am not a lawyer

IIRC
If I recall correctly

IMHO
In my humble opinion

IMNSHO
In my not so humble opinion

IMO
In my opinion

IOW
In other words

l33t or 1337
>From "elite". This has become a term used to describe the informal
>communication of Internet gaming. L33t speak is easily identified by the
>substitution of number and other characters for regular letters; e.g., hackers
>becomes h4XX0rz.

LFG
Looking for group, usually used in MMORPGs

LMAO
Laughing my butt off

LOL
Laughing out loud

MMORPG
Massive, multiplayer, online role-playing game, such as World of Warcraft or
Star Wars Galaxies

MOTAS
Member of the appropriate sex

MOTOS
Member of the opposite sex

MOTSS
Member of the same sex

NG
Newsgroup

n00b
>From "newbie", meaning a newcomer not yet familiar with the rules

OTOH
On the other hand

PWN
Usage of the term "own", as in "I PWNed you!"

RL
Real Life, as opposed to the Internet

ROFL
Rolling on the floor laughing

ROFLMAO
Rolling on the floor laughing my butt off

RTFM
Read The Fine Manual. .

SO
Significant other, used to refer to someone's romantic partner without making
any assumptions about gender or legal status

TLA
Three letter acronym

TTFN
Ta ta for now

TTYL
Talk to you later

w00t
An expression of joy

WFN
Wrong forum, noob

WTF
What the heck

YMMH
You might mean here

YMMV
Your mileage may vary

{g}
Grin

{BG}
Big grin

Now you can scan emails quickly with a reading pane. Get the new Yahoo!
PROTECTED]://assamnet.org/mailman/listinfo/assam_assamnet.orgDex matho eta
dharona, thikonar xex xari...

Luggage? GPS? Comic books? Check out fitting gifts for grads at Yahoo! Search.