>The only logic  many vested interests do not want to acknowledge that Indians
>could have (or have had) a collective vision - a harmonious culture sharing
>common beliefs, holidays and celebrations.

I don't want to argue or comment on anybody's belief. But don't you think the
above is correct ie Hindus (forget Indians) don't have a collective vision? Is
not that the problem with present India? The Hindus (forget the Indians) donot
have a common harmonius culture sharing common beliefs, holidays and
celebrations.  If you don't want to acknowledge that, then please cite at least
just (3) THREE things which in your opinion ALL Hindus believe. I think you
would have a hard time to answer that and find even this small section of
netters to agree with your view. In fact for the last two hundred years that is
what all scholars, Indian and non Indian, (including Vivekananda, Tegore, Ram
Mohon Roy, Ramakrishna, Aurobindo, Gandhi, Radhakrishnan and others) have been
trying to answer that question without much success. So before we blame the
West, let us at least try to understand where we are. Let us hear from you.

Rajen da