>  >**** I thought SAT, GRE, GMAT, USMLE all are US tests
... so your education system also depends on tests.

*** Yes, they do depend on them , to a degree.  You don't get to go
to to topmost schools on the basis of SAT or GRE scores alone. There
again are nuances. Most big name schools would consider a LDC
student, even if she can't quite measure up to the standards their US
counterparts to get in. That is how many Indian students get in to
Harvard, MIT, etc. , even though they might not quite measure up to
the other intangibles that they weigh as predictors of a  likelihood
for success. So, unlike Indian dedication to ' testocracy' ( you
heard it here first ) as the most sophisticated tool as a predictor
of  success, the US system has other tools they use.

However I won't hold that against you. One has to learn somewhere. I did too.

**** But creativity is NOT an essential item in these calculations.
Because society does require skilled grunts as well. Reliable number
crunchers, accurate paper-pushers, shrewd manipulators -- all have a
place in society;  any society. But those societies who have shined,
moved ahead in the world also had those creative thinkers and doers
in their midst who could think outside the box as the cliche' goes
and break new ground, without which you get what India is. While the
jury is still out as to how  creativity can be inculcated, there are
widely accepted means out there, producing results. And math. tables
are not it.

>  Inspite of your citing numerous wiki sites (BTW

*** Was I wrong in decrying  Wiki  being accepted as the authority?
What is your opinion?
And if I was NOT wrong, can I still be right with relying on easily
verifiable info  available there?
Those appear contradictory only to the simple minded. I would have
hoped you are a cut above.

>you could not explain HOW Indians come up in flying colours under
>YOUR education system  or WHY >youreducation system DOES NOT test
>for creativity

*** First off, it is NOT my education system. But it is a far far
better one than the Indian one in many aspects. Education has many
aspects, as ought to be clear to the educated. There are some aspects
in which SOME  Indian institutions do quite well. Math for example.
But math excellence is not the be-all and end all of education. Nor
is Physics or Chemistry or Stats or what have you.

Indian institutions do produce reliable  workers. But show us a few
that helped change India's conditions with their creativity or their
ingenuity.

>BTW,  I have earlier cited Indian innovations which you probably
>could not comprehend ....

*** How about an encore to enlighten an English language challenged
fellow kharkhowa? I must have missed it, if not failed to comprehend
its complexities.