- Lakshmana

Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 12:58:11 -0500To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
Re: [Assam] In Jews, Indian-Americans See a Role Model in Activism

WHAT is the unity and how does it manifest itself in its diversity?

How many non-sectarian or pan-ethnic desi-orgs in Houston ?

> "we are Indians"

*** That is akin to Jewish Americans going about proclaiming  themselves
Israelis or Germans or Ukrainians or Russians. At least they have a commitment
to their adopted land :-).

At 12:41 PM -0500 10/2/07, Alpana B. Sarangapani wrote:
>**** Can they?

>Is it a DEFINITIVE proof?

Haven't they been? What else is needed? That they chant "we are Indians"
everywhere they go, in addition to having this unique type of "unity in
diversity"?

"In order to make spiritual progress you must be patient like a tree and humble
like a blade of grass"
- Lakshmana

Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 12:26:32 -0500To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
Re: [Assam] In Jews, Indian-Americans See a Role Model in
Activism.ExternalClass blockquote, .ExternalClass dl, .ExternalClass ul,
.ExternalClass ol, .ExternalClass li {padding-top:0;padding-bottom:0;}
>Since Indians cannot unite as depicted by some

**** Can they?

Is it a DEFINITIVE proof?

The following article from the NYT caught my attention. Since Indians cannot
unite as depicted by some in this net, how do these first generation Indians in
USA manage to run an organization as written here?
Comments from netters, especially those in California who may know more about
the group, will help us all in understanding better. There may be organizations
like this in the east coast too.
Dilip

Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 12:26:32 -0500To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: