It seems that some of us are being branded as part of an "unhappy gang with
their so-called education". And they would be 'selective' in answering their
questions; which means they would only reply to 'sincere' questions, from 'real
questioners' after their 'background check done'. Well, in case they have to do
a background check in my case, let me tell you that my life has been an open
book and if a background check is requird in my case, it simly shows how much
these people are in touch with reality or the ground situations. Incidentally,
let me also tell, that there has been enough background checks done about these
people, their cohorts, sympathisers, beneficiaries, supporters, hangers one and
what not. Lot of people already know who benefits from their actions, who are
actually propping them up. For example when they killed Sanjay Ghosh, it did
not require much background check to find out why they did so, what was the
nexus behind that sordid deal and who would be the real losers if Majuli is
genuinely saved in a very cost effective manner. Obviously, they are buying
time to prepare some obfuscating response, what we may call "saale bere kobowa"
 reply in the name of background checks and what not. Also they have already
said that they would ignore "halfwit questions and questioners". How more
selective can your comfort zone be... Interestingly, I was reading something
today and I came across the follwoing phrase: The truth is that many terrorists
are doing very well out of violence. Extortion rackets give them a lifestyle
they cannot aspire in times of peace. They have money, excitement and status:
what more you seek in life? Mantabya nisproyojan.

Shantikam Hazarika
Director,
Assam Institute of Management
PO Box 30, GUWAHATI 781001, India