mm

Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 06:47:27 +0000From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL
PROTECTED]: [Assam] OK GOI, assume that CIC P Barua of ULFA meets you; what is
in offer? In keeping with Nagalim for NSCN(IM) is there a plan to offer him
creation of PragJyoti carving out ancient PragJyotishpur territories from
Bengal, Bhutan, Nepal, Bihar and Orissa?
ULFA's C-in-C must come for talks
http://www.assamtribune.com/scripts/details.asp?id=nov2107/at03 From Our Spl
Correspondent SINGAPORE, Nov 20 – Putting the onus on ULFA to come for talks
with Government of India, New Delhi said it is keen to revive the peace process
only if commander-in-chief Paresh Barua comes for talks. A senior official
accompanying Prime Minister, Dr Manmohan Sing, on his Singapore tour, told this
newspaper that it was for the ULFA to revive the peace process. In what was
reflective of hardening of stand, the official once involved with the ULFA
peace process, said let them come up with a proposal."We all know that none of
the cadres, top leaders matter unless Baruah himself comes for talks."New
Delhi's frustration could be traced to the orgy of violence orchestrated by
ULFA first targeting non-Assamese settlers. The Centre had earlier only
insisted that it abjure violence and come for talks, though it also mentioned
on a written commitment from the outfit.Chief Minister, Tarun Gogoi, yesterday
after meeting the Defence Minister, AK Anthony ruled out the possibility of
easing army operations in the State, in the light of the stunning success
achieved during the last couple of months. The Centre too is supportive of the
move.About the talks with NSCN (I-M), the official said though there has been
no forward movement, there has been no deterioration either.