The unintentional side effect of what is going on in Assam (violent protests
demonstrations, bomb blasts, bandh, murder of innocent persons, etc. etc.)
is that the works of many of us who are silently trying to promote Assam is
going down the drain. Name once lost takes a log time to regain. Here is a
reaction to my letter requesting not to place Assam in the blacklist and to
withdraw the negative travel advice.

Quote:

Dear Wahid Saleh

Thank you for your recent email regarding New Zealand's travel advice for
Assam.  Our advice for travel to Assam remains current and relevant.  As the
bomb blasts of 25 November demonstrate, travel to Assam is not safe.

Yours sincerely

(name deleted by WS)

Consular Officer

Consular Division