I have NOT accused you of being indifferent. Anyone
who does not feel like you (public caning) is probably
a similar monster like those who commited it.
 I merely QUOTED some comments from your posting ....

"Women have been routinely abused in other parts of
mainland India(
including gang rape, public stripping and parading )
.. Does any
newspaper publish the pictures of the crime?"

OR the one from current posting ---

tell me when did Telegraph ever publish the picture of
>>a harassed or victimised women in Calcutta?

As I said,  first clarify  the root of your concern
---- is it 1) Media's perceived bias  OR   2) the
modesty of the woman.

>From your comments (as above), it seems more inclined
to 1 above. I will stand corrected if it is other way.

>>I also do not support that all demands of the
Adivasis should be just met
>>just because they have indulged in hooliganism a

The demand of Adivasis has NOTHING to do with
stripping of the woman.  You are either mixing two
issues OR trying to justify the incident.

>>Also Mr Chakraborty, tell me when did Telegraph ever
publish the picture of
>>a harassed or victimised women in Calcutta?

That sir,  you will have to do your own research.
However,  this is NOT the first time media
(Indian/International) has published such photo
(immediate example is Abu Ghraib) .... unfortunately
we heard your voice only on this incident .... a
selective outrage at best.

>>To Mr K Chakraborty

>>You have no right to accuse me of being indifferent
to the Adivasi women
>>who got stripped. You haven't answered whether you
will like your mother,
>>sister or relative's picture to be published in a
similar situation. I
>>support public stripping and caning of the molesters
in the streets of
>>Beltola where the incident occured. I am not the
only one who has spoken
>>about  the picture. The Assam Tribune editorial,
Letters to the Editor are
>>also carrying messages(even from women) about the
dubious role so called
>>media like Telegraph are playing. Some media outlets
are even portraying the
>>riots as being between Assamese and tribals. What
kind of a  role are they
>>playing?
>>I also do not support that all demands of the
Adivasis should be just met
>>just because they have indulged in hooliganism and
have been in the
>>receiving end in this episode.
>>Also Mr Chakraborty, tell me when did Telegraph ever
publish the picture of
>>a harassed or victimised women in Calcutta?
>>JS

I also quote a letter to the editor( AT ) from a
women:
Sir,–Whatever happened at Beltola on November 24 has
indeed been very
unfortunate. And I feel, the district administration
is primarily to be
blamed for this. But, apart from fixing
responsibilities, what is more
shocking is the repeated telecast of the naked Adivasi
woman by the TV
channels. Do they actually empathise with her or
simply trying to
sensationalise the issue ? Has anyone cared to know
whether she would like
to appear on TV screens naked, all 24 hours ? She was
stripped on the
Beltola road by some lumpen elements and we strongly
condemn it. They should
be severely punished. But, aren't the TV channels
stripping her again and
again as she is being viewed by millions of people
across the country ?
Initially, only a handful of people on that road had
seen her naked. Now the
TV channels have let everyone in the country see her
without any clothes !
Any other crime committed on this same woman, had she
been in her clothes,
would definitely not have made a top story in any of
the national news
channels. So, is it really her trauma that is making
news or her nudity? –
Yours etc., SUMITA SHARMA, Zoo-Narengi Road, Guwahati.