Nano does look good. I read somewhere it can reach upto 65Kmph at 50km per
liter. So, it looks like its just for Indian conditions and possibly a
future export to other 3rd world countries. It sounds more like golf cart on
steriods.

On a different note, here is a page from our recent visit to India.
We landed at Kolkata International at 3 AM (around 4 after immigartion and
collecting our luggage), and since we had a morning flight to Guwahati, we
decided to go over to the domestic. We thought it might be better to wait at
the airport instead of checking into a hotel for a few hours.

Well, the scenic walk to the domestic was basically thru some dark alley
(the airport is under construction). We somehow reached the domestic in one
piece.
It was crowded with people sleeping all over the floor. The airport felt
like  Howrah station (maybe worse).
The next order of business was to wash up, and so I headed toward the mens.
Well, it was crowded, and there was water all over the floor.
Silly me, I thought, well some water main must have broken, and hence the
the inch or so of water.
It was only after I was well inside the bathroom, did I realize that the
water a good healthy mixture of water and take a wild guess of what else!
(Note to self: take a hot 2 hour shower upon reaching Guwahati)

For the womens (which was out of order), one had to trek past a couple of
burly sardars & thru some dark pathways etc etc.

We did go thru the airport a few days later and during the day time. This
time, we took advantage of the restaurant upstairs (fairly good). The idea
is to order some food and make sure to use their rather clean restrooms.
Unfortunately, the restaurant stays open only 9-9 and if you happen to land
at the airport at some outlandish hour, it is your own damn fault. The
International airport is no different.

These past few years, we have been travelling frequently to India, and our
experience, Delhi and Mumbai airports are not much different. They are
basically chaotic, unkempt, dirty, and totally unbecoming of being called an
airport. Its a surprise, planes take off and land at these things.

The sadder part is, when I relate this to friends, they seem surprised. They
in fact think that these airports are actually really good. So, I guess, I
must be the one thats expecting too much.

IMHO, India needs to get its act together. Infrastructure development,
quality airports, good roads, and last, but not the least of all, make sure
women visitors are safe in the macho streets of Mumbai, Delhi & Kolkata.

 --Ram