The question of comparision does not arise because you
DO NOT find a $30 hotel in major US city that too near
airport.  To compare you will first need to find one
such hotel

BTW,  how about comparing the Star hotels ... the
hotel in Orlando (HOJO) is a 2 star hotel as rated by
AAA

>>To compare the quality of $ 30 hotels in the USA
>>where the minimum
>>wage is $ 6.55 per hour with those in India for the
>>same amount is
>>quite an interesting tactic.

At 6:57 AM -0800 1/11/08, Krishnendu Chakraborty
wrote:
>Chennai airport is definitely great and so is Mumbai
>Domestic (not international) which was upgraded about
>2 years back.
>
>In Cal airport, the airport condition is definitely
>not upto mark and  even locals do not venture out at
>night. You took a risk venturing out even in Pre-Paid
>taxi.
>
>As far as the hotel goes,  for $30 a night (INR 1200)
>you cannot even expect a "Gohali" in ANY major city
in
>US   and Bed Bugs are common in Luxury hotels in NY
>too.
>Just check travelocity and you will see how the Star
>hotels fare in US.
>
>My experience a couple of years back in a Hojo in
>Orlando was unclean room, leaking toilet ceiling.
>When complained to Hojo the response was ..... our
>hotels are operated by local frainchise and we have
no