At 11:09 AM +0800 1/11/08, Santanoo Medhi wrote:
>I no place including US I know of, the roads came first then the
>car. In all places, Cars came first and then the roads were built.

**** Except with one significant difference: There is no space to
expand the roads in Indian cities. The notion of a right-of-way of
public thoroughfares and space for future expansion does not exist in
India. There is no room to expand, period.

>Also Ford is called a visionary becuase he dreamt of putting a car
>to every american house hold. He made the car so popular that US
>Govt had to build the roads. So is Ratan Tata is a visionary. The
>Nano will force Govt to make roads bigger wider all they will topple.

**** This is where the analogy fails.  America was and continues to
be a sparsely populated land, unlike India. The USA is nine folds as
dense( one third of India's population in a land three times as big).
So Ratan Tata's 'vision', at the very least, is one ninth of Ford's
:-), if we should be as mindless as toicompare the two in these terms.

**** I wished it would be so. But I know better.