Dear Manoj,

>Gory sights of bull fight in developed world is also equally appalling and
>puke inducing

Its funny(sad) you bring this up about bull fights. When our son was about 6
years old, we had visited one Assamese family here in Houston. They had just
returned from a visit to Mexico, and had brought along a video cassette of a
bull fight (bull fights also take place in Mexico).

After we reached home, he was very upset and started crying. His basic point
was that the bull never had a fair chance and how it was possible for us
humans to kill such a beautiful animal.

Even though, we too had seen the video, it never occurred to us that
something was amiss. It took a child to show us the way, and the right way.
We are so glad that he had good head on his shoulders and was able to help
us see things a bit more clearly .

Also glad to know how your son reacted, that is the correct response.
For a country that beats its chest on words like Ahimsa, India happens to be
one of the most cruel countries vis-a-vis animals. Even the 'holy cow' is
venerated mostly only as an age old dogma, but not really out of any real
respect or love for the animal. All one has to see how these beasts of
burden are treated on any street in India.

--Ram da