Well, Alpana, I think you have mixed up two different issues: One of
a social evolution with that of semantics.

Even if you had two distinctly different single words in Oxomiya
bhaxa distinguishing a 'home' from a mere 'house', it still would not
resolve your conflicts, would it?

The significance of a 'home' in one's psyche lies in what memories it
holds for her. Those who grew up in many places, moving with their
families' job transfers or what have you, would have very little
attachments to a house as a 'home', even if the quality of the
environment might have been just as memorable and dear. On the other
hand someone who grew up in a shelter, however humble, in a loving
and caring environment, will hold the memories of that house as a
'home' quite dear. And no matter how clearly  words distinguish the
meanings of the two in a language, it would not have any impact on
one's perception of that shelter as a mere house or a dear home.

That is the difference.

So, why did I even chime in?

For the simple reason of detecting a sense of defensiveness in
respondents scurrying to grab this Sanskrit word or that few Oxomiyas
use in their communications; no doubt to prove that  their mother
tongue is as nuanced  as the highly evolved Hindi  that you
confronted them with examples :-).