Dear Saleh Sahib,

Very well said.

Just wanted to also point out that if one were to take the trouble to visit
Parijat Academy, they would see a small room, constructed with the help of
money donated from a couple from right there in Bangalore and Hyderabad (I
think). These people have never even visited Assam, and yet they came
forward. Do we want to question their motives as well?

Then there is our own Ankur Bora (of Austin) who was telling me over the
weekend how he practiced running for the marathon just to raise money for
the schools.

It is unfortunate that the selfless efforts of Garvin Brown to bring some
awareness regarding the schools and also peace in Assam is looked at in bad
light by some people.

Then there are some like yourself who has been steadfastly and quietly
supporting various such projects in Assam.

In any case, it would be very encouraging if people even remotely associated
with Assam come forward to help out in various ways, small or big, directly
or indirectly the numerous schools, colleges, hospitals, ashrams,
language/cultural development etc.

There are so many areas where help is needed, my suggestion (for what it is
worth) to take up any small cause and help that cause selflessly.

--Ram