I think we are missing the point here. It is not a question of
whether it is PRIVATE funding.

But what is PRIVATE?  And how does it correlate with what might be PUBLIC?

Take the very simple example Uttam provided: If this private capital
came from a minister's bribes or swindling of public funds, is  it
still PRIVATE ?

If your private capital is a result of corporate welfare practised by
India, a forced transfer public resources for private enrichment, is
it still PRIVATE?

If this private wealth is a result of legislated market protection,
eliminating competition, is it still PRIVATE?

If  the government gives subsidies to selected industries and
enriches certain individuals, is their loot still PRIVATE?

If the govts. dereliction of duty results in private for-profit
schools and hospitals which enrich a few, is their wealth still
PRIVATE?

If the govt.  gives huge tax benefits to certain private corporate
entities and thereby enriching its owners, is their loot still
PRIVATE?

If the govt. fails to provide drinking water to the public, and
private suppliers pump the aquifers dry, and enrich themselves by
selling this essential commodity for life, is their profit still
PRIVATE?

There is plenty more. I am sure you catch my drift.

Just because we choose to call something private NOT necessarily so.

And WHY should private entities be held responsible for the PUBLIC
authorities' dereliction of duty
in not providing such fundamental needs as drinking water, public
healthcare, sanitation, basic education?