Even if the details of the incident have been exaggerated, the fact remains
that an animal was beaten to death in a hostel room. I think that's a crime
by any standards of a civil society.
Just as a gun is not allowed in JNU campus, I don't think killing an animal
in the hostel rooms is allowed.
"Beating an animal to death" is certainly not a humane way of killing an
animal for food.
I stand by by statement that this person should be punished for his crime.
As for the editor, he did make a generalization, but it does not take people
long to form an opinion based on a few incidents.  It happens in the west
too.
JS