Well,in case of Assam,local politicians are involved to a great extent
in the act of politicisation of the ethnic issue in the state in order
to fulfill their hidden selfish interest.These indigenous politics try
to ginger up people's sentiment by giving the idea that as a
culture-bearing group,the indigenous people should have their own
state which can only ensure preservation of their cultural identity.In
most cases,these Movements are power-oriented.

The rural people in Assam,regardless of their ethnic identities,are
simple and straight in thought and deed.Therefore,in most cases,they
fail to understand the real motive of the political leaders.In this
situation,it becomes very easy for a deceitful and control freak
leader to be active in the folds of ' Political Man' or as an '
Economic Man' to satisfy his selfish interest without the fear of
being detected.Simply stated,these self-seeking politicians are using
'ethnicity'as smoke and screen to better themselves.

HAVING SAID SO,I SEE VERY FEW PEOPLE WHOSE VISION,WIT AND INSIGHT ARE
AS EXTRAORDINARILY REFRESHING AS YOURS'-- THAT CERTAINLY HAS THE
ABILITY TO EGG ON PEOPLE LIKE US TO THINK INTELLECTUALLY.YOU
ILLUMINATE THINGS WITH GRACE,ASPERITY AND REMARKABLE PRECISION,REALLY.
PLEASE SULK NO MORE TO TELL US BY GETTING DOWN TO BRASS TRACK THE
CAUSES OF FISSIPEROUS TENDENCIES AMONG DIFFERENT ETHNIC COMMUNITIES OF
ASSAM FOR WHICH,IN THIS NET,YOU WILL RULE THE ROOST.

KJD.