You are taking the issue too literally Dhruba.

The point should have been the totally incomparable examples, held up to be
similar by Dilip. The scale, the circumstances are impossibly different. One
does not even come close to the other.

Dilip got robbed in Paris, while vacationing. Did he lose his house? His
employment, his livelihood? Does this continue to happen to him, unabated?

The people in Orissa (?) who lost their land and their livelihoods, never
received compensation ( just came to light , 23 yrs. later, but no guarantee of
yet receiving any). Having had no relief from the institutions of their state
that some continue to wave as 'democratic' , so must be benevolent, just,
timely and all things holy, they  took to arms, placing their lives on the line.

Now compare the two: Dilip's hardships in his Parisian vacation, and
Dantewada's indigenous people who lived off their land from time immemorial,
losinit  to corporate greed of Vedanta.

Dilip was right about not having purchased a gun to defend his property. That
is because he HAS  his government provide that service. If someone attempted to
take a piece of his property , he can go to to the court, and he could get a
decision in his life-time, actually much shorter, probably within a year.

Compare that to the 23 years it took in Dantewada (?) just to be noticed by the
high-court, finally.  Did they get help from the police? From civil
authorities? Heck NO!

So do the two compare? Should Dilip have even attempted that  to draw the
conclusion he did?

Does it look nice :-)?

You know the answer.