This is about providing audio books ("Bookshare India") for visually impaired
students. This is relatively very expensive in the US. They have given a very
good "deal" to the schools that have students with a "Qualifying Print
Disability" in India. The same package here would cost thousands of dollars,
but in India it would be offered at an extremely subsidized rate - to those
'qualified schools'. The main project is supported by U. S. Department of
Education, Office of Special Education Program.

So I was thinking why miss this great opportunity for the blind schools in
Assam?

I am not sure if you saw my earlier mail with an appeal to any organization to
take this up on a continuous basis. As I said earlier, I am willing to sponsor
5 schools (if needed) for this year only. After that the schools/organizations
will need to take it up from there on. I would have loved to be involved in
this myself on a continuous basis, but I have committeed to some other
projects, so my plate is kind of full.

The web site has the information on whom to contact - the paper work etc. will
have to be initiated and continued at the local level with the agencies
mentioned there.

Here is the information again:

> Rs. 400/year for 5000 books.
>
> It will be great for the Blind school in Jorhat and all the others in Assam
> and everywhere else in India.
> Here is the link: http://www.bookshare.org/?c=en_IN

Thank you for taking an interest in this worthwhile cause.

Best,
-A. Sarangapani
Houston, Texas.